Jim Jones Bio - click to expand
Jim Jones grew up in Racine, Wisconsin, now living in the Waukesha area for over 15 years. As a young boy, Jim vacationed in Montello, WI each summer, where he developed his love of fishing with his Dad. He joined his first bass club at age sixteen and began competitive bass tournaments. He started fishing higher level tournaments, travelling around the state, then the Midwest. Once he got a taste of a few national tournaments, he has not slowed down.
Starting in high school, Jim worked in sporting goods stores and then branched into marine sales. His first main career was in manufacturing engineering, but in 2005 he opened his first restaurant. After a successful start, he opened a second location of the Boneyard Pub & Grille in 2011. Being a small business owner has allowed Jim the flexibility to pursue his passion for competitive fishing around the country.
Jim is very thankful to have the support of his family to pursue his dreams. He has been married for over 25 years to his wife Barb, and they have three children. Jim’s brother manages the restaurants and his sister helps with babysitting while he is away. Jim is an active member of his Wisconsin Synod Lutheran church, and has many great friends around the state from his fishing endeavors. The support of family and friends is so important to keep an angler going in this business.
Jim Jones has been a well-known leader in the Wisconsin Bass Fishing community for many years. He has been active in the Wisconsin Bass Federation for over 30 years, serving in various Board roles and is the current State President for 7 years. He has competed in multiple tournament circuits around the Mid-West. Jim is experienced in speaking in front of groups, giving presentations, and organizing events. He connects well with both the serious tournament angler and the local weekend fisherman. Jim also enjoys duck & deer hunting, archery, volleyball and of course cooking. His specialty is baby back ribs.
· Current President of Wisconsin Bass Federation (TBF), 7 years
· Past Wisconsin Bass Federation Offices held: Treasurer, Zone Director
· Current President & Founder of Belle City Bass Anglers Club, 25 years
· Current Member of Amelia’s Anglers B.A.S.S. Club
· Current Waukesha County Youth Junior Fishing Club Advisor
· Current Waukesha County 4-H Youth Fishing Project Leader
· Seminars and presentations to various groups and kids
· Past Wisconsin Conservation Congress Delegate
· Past Big Brothers/ Big Sisters volunteer
· Past Sporting Goods Retail & Marine sales, 10 years
Tournament Career Highlights:
· 2016 FLW Tour—59th in Points
· 2016 FLW Tour— 16th Kentucky Lake
· 2016 FLW Tour—3 top 30 finishes
· 2015 FLW Tour Co Angler Series, FLW Cup Co-Angler Qualifier
· 2015 FLW Tour Potomac River, 1st Place Co Angler
· TBF National Championship Qualifier, 2007, 2008, 2014
· TBF Northern Divisional Qualifier 6 times
· 2009 Triton Bass Tournament Kentucky Lake, won boat
· 2006 Rayovac Series Championship Qualifier
· 2006 Rayovac Midwest, Mississippi River WI 9th place
· 2006 Rayovac Midwest, Mississippi River IA 12th place
· 2005 Rayovac Midwest, Mississippi River WI 2nd place
· 2005 Rayovac Midwest, Lake Michigan Eskanaba MI 3rd place
· 2005 ABC Bass- National Champion 1st place, won boat
· 2005-2006 FLW Stren Series- 3 top tens
· BFL Great Lakes Division- 9 top tens
“If you’re chasing smallmouth on the Great Lakes, searching for a giant in Florida or anywhere in between, Skirmish Baits has you covered. Gain an edge on your competition with these beautifully hand painted hard baits, they won’t know what hit them.”Jim Jones